Imperfections in your teeth can occur over time even if you take good care of your oral health. They’re caused by everything from lifestyle and eating habits to dental procedures you’ve had earlier, but can easily be fixed with a bit of cosmetic correction.
What are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or composite resin bonded to the front surface of an affected tooth. They cover up imperfections in color, size or shape, making your teeth look as good as new.
When do you Need Veneers?
Dental veneers are the perfect choice for you if:
- Your teeth have small gaps or spaces between them
- You have slightly broken, chipped or worn teeth
- You have discolored or stained teeth
- Your teeth are shaped “funny”
- You have slightly crooked teeth
What are the Advantages of Veneers?
- The biggest advantage of veneers is that they can help cover up imperfections without extensive surgery.
- Porcelain veneers can be colored to match the surrounding teeth, or you can get lighter-colored veneers for all your teeth if you’re looking to brighten your smile.
- If one or more teeth are slightly out of position, or there are chips, cracks and small gaps between them, a dental veneer can extend over the damaged area and fill it in.
- Since a special adhesive is used to hold these thin shells in place, there is no need for extensive preparation or invasive surgery.
- Dental veneers are custom-made to match the shape, length and shade of your natural teeth.
What are Crowns?
Crowns are a form of tooth restoration, which can be fitted over teeth that need to be strengthened, as well as improve their appearance.
Also known as “caps”, they’re used to restore teeth that have been damaged significantly, either through enamel erosion, wear and tear, root canal treatments or large chips and breaks – which basically makes them a “fix-all” for most dental issues!
When do you Need Crowns?
Dental crowns can help restore your smile when:
- Your teeth have been weakened by decay.
- Your teeth are poorly shaped.
- You have a dental implant.
- Your teeth are broken, heavily chipped or worn.
- You have discolored fillings that affect the appearance of your teeth.
- You’ve had a root canal and need to restore and protect the treated tooth.
- If you have a cracked tooth.
What are the Advantages of Crowns?
- Crowns can help strengthen weak teeth, they’re also a great way to improve their appearance.
- Since they cover the tooth completely, we can use them to restore the shape and size of a misshapen, decayed or damaged tooth.
- For teeth that are too badly damaged for fillings, crowns really are the best solution!