Have you always wanted straight teeth but have been putting it off because you don’t want to be a metal mouth for the next two years? Well we have a solution! Six months smiles is a tooth colored braces system which can straighten your teeth in a quarter of the time!
What are Six Month Braces?
Also known as short-term, cosmetic and adult braces, six month smiles are the perfect way to get your teeth aligned in the shortest possible timeframe.
This solution is ideal for people who mostly want to straighten their front teeth. If you had braces when you were younger, but forgot to wear your retainer, or they have shifted again, these braces are perfect for you as well.
Clear brackets are placed on your teeth, then a white wire is engaged in the brackets with clear rubber bands, to gently guide your teeth. Visits are usually once a month and the treatment time is from 4-8 months.
When do you Need Short-Term Braces?
Six month braces are the perfect choice if:
- You do not have any major orthodontic, bite or oral health issues.
- You previously had braces, but your teeth have shifted again.
- You have slightly crooked, spaced or crowded teeth.
- You want to correct the alignment of your upper front or lower front teeth.
- You want straighter teeth without too much intrusion in your daily life.
- You want your cosmetic dentistry corrections to be as discreet as possible.
What are the Advantages of Cosmetic Braces?
- The number-one advantage of six month braces is that they can help correct misaligned or crooked teeth without extensive surgery.
- They are designed to be almost invisible against your teeth, with clear plastic braces and tooth-colored or white dental wires attached to the braces.
- They show results faster than traditional braces (which take 2-4 years), and require fewer dental visits.
What does the Procedure Involve?
- We will first examine your teeth to check their suitability for short-term braces. If you need major orthodontic correction, we’ll let you know right away.
- If your assessment for cosmetic braces is clear, we’ll fit the braces (or an aligner) in place and you’re good to go!
- Over the next few weeks, the braces will add gentle pressure to move your teeth, resulting in a straighter smile.
How Long do the Results Take?
Since short-term braces are designed to offer quick, aesthetic results, you’ll see results within 4-8 months with an average of six months. If the correction required is minor, it could take just a few weeks for your smile to become straighter and more even.
You will need a retainer to keep them that way, and maintaining proper oral hygiene helps ensure your teeth remain in good health.